Waste Management’s Letter to Residents regarding ability to contract for individual yard waste pickup for $9.60 per month and/or back door pickup for $10.95 per month – both invoiced on a quarterly basis. (You can also sign up for second day pickup [Fridays] for $10.00 per month.)
The City of Clarkson Valley provides trash service and recycling with Waste Management 866-570-4702. For Billing inquiries or to arrange an appliance pickup, please call 800-989-2783.
- Household trash will be picked up once a week at the curb on Monday. Trash should be out at 7:00 a.m. on the pickup day but no earlier than 4:00 p.m. the day prior to pickup. The city pays 100% of the cost for this service and the 2017-2018 budgeted amount is $125,450.
- Yard Waste will be picked on Mondays for those who sign up with Waste Management under separate contract on a quarterly basis for $9.60 per month. Examples of yard waste are grass clippings, leaves, branches, limbs, weeds, vines, garden plants and Christmas trees. Yard waste should not be placed at the curb prior to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday for a Monday pickup. There is no limit as to the number of bags/containers you can place at the curb.
- Branches should not exceed four (4′) in length and bundles should be no more than eighteen inches (18″) in diameter. These should be tied with twine, not wire.
- Leaf and grass debris is to be placed in containers or in paper leaf bags and should weigh no more than 50 lbs.
- Even with separate contract with Waste Management, they do not consider tree trunks, roots or shrubs with intact root balls yard waste. You should contract with a separate company or call Waste Management 866-570-4702 for a special pickup. A charge will apply.
- Recycling is picked up curbside on Mondays. Contact City Hall to receive an additional bin. (Items that are recyclable)
- White Goods are picked up at the curb on Wednesdays by special arrangement with Waste Management. Examples of White Goods are major appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, microwaves, etc. There is no charge for this service. This must be requested several days in advance of the Wednesday pickup date. Please call 800-989-2783 for this appliance pickup.
- Bulky Rubbish includes furniture, small appliances, rugs, etc., but excludes tires, major construction debris, and automobile parts. You are allowed to place one bulky item at the curb on any Monday. Bulk items should be out at 7:00 a.m. on the day of your pickup but not the night before.
- Items not covered by our contract. New and/or used construction materials are to removed by a separate contractor or a special pick up by Waste Management. Paint, oil, driveway sealants, and/or other hazardous materials are not covered by our contract. Cardboard boxes will only be picked up if the boxes are broken down into their smallest components and placed within a trash receptacle. Otherwise, they may be placed at the curb.
- Trash Pick-Up Holiday Schedule
- Tips and Common Courtesy:
- Trash, yard waste and recycling may be put out the day before pick up but only after 4:00 p.m.
- Spraying trash cans with ammonia once a week helps repel raccoons and dogs.
- The use of plastic bags for household waste prevents littering of streets, since loose trash is easily blown from the truck.
- Place filled and tied plastic bags in covered containers to avoid animals getting into your trash.
- Please maintain access to driveways and streets on service days.
Recycle Information Recyclables Non-recyclables Glass Bottles and jars, rinsed with lids removed Mirrors, windowpanes, light bulbs, china dishes, Pyrex, Corning Ware or ceramics. Plastics Soda bottles and milk jugs, tinted detergent bottles, rinsed and flattened. Motor oil containers, No. 6 plastic (Styrofoam). No plastic grocery bags. Metals Clean, empty beverage and foods cans with labels removed. Bulk aluminum or aluminum foil, Window frames, lawn chairs, etc. Paper Newspapers including inserts. No plastic sleeves or string ties. Junk mail, phone books, magazines, cereal boxes, cardboard or paper grocery bags.
If your trash is not picked up, or you have a complaint about Waste Management, please call City Hall at (636) 227-8607. Waste Management is contractually responsible for missed pick-ups if you call city hall the next day.
Note: Christmas trees will be collected at no additional charge for all residents of Clarkson Valley three (3) times during the season – the first Monday following Christmas and the first two Mondays following New Year’s Day in January. The trees must be free of all decorations. If over 6′ in length, please cut in half.